Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 LCD 360
2 kstreett 240
3 Guest_9020487 110
4 Guest_9190926 105
5 GoldenKid 100
6 ahowell 95
7 KnowledgeBase 95
8 skbloom 80
9 Guest_98024861 70
10 Guest_9311297 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/22/2014

I need brain tumor testing done, where would I go?

I have too many symptoms for a Brain Tumor to just ignore it. But I don't know who to talk to about it. Just my regular doctor? Or should I go strait to the hospital when I'm having another bad headache?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


You should definitely discuss your concerns with your primary care doctor. Ask him/her for a referral to a hospital for a scan. Do not wait on this; even very small tumors can do major damage if they're in the right spot.

Answered 3 years ago by Guest_9536132


Definitely start with your primary care provider - severe headaches can be due to tumors or aneurysms - but also much more commonly due to migrane headaches, high blood pressure, blood clot, restricted blood flow, nervous system issues, stress, eyestrain or vision problems, inner ear issues,, muscle pull from sleeping wrong and straining your neck muscles, even poor posture at work or desk, etc, etc - have the medical professionals do their testing before you start panicking.

Of course, if this is a condition causing blackouts, halucinations, loss of balance, loss of feeling or physical control in part of your body, extremely intense or debilitating pain then yes - you should go to the hospital.

They say a person who represents himself in court has a fool for a client - much the same is true for the person who plays doctor and performs a self-diagnosis of a serious or internal medicine condition. Give your poor doc a break - he spent 8-12 years probably in college learning all that stuff and has an office of cool tools he has to pay off, along with 1/4 million or so in student loans - feed the poor and give the guy a bit of your money to solve your problem. Besides, haven't you just been champin at the bit to see how well your Obamacare health insurance coverage works ?

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy