Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

 
 
or
Submit
Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 4/1/2017

mold on the back of mice can it live in a mans lungs.if so how do I get cured of it.what is its name for it .tell t

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question


1 Answer

0
Votes

I guess so - especially if you handled them - like if these were pets.


If you mean house rodents living/moving in moldy areas, I suspect if the mold is that prevalent you would be getting a lot more spores in your lungs (and eyes and sinuses and ears can also be a affected in rare cases) just from the air in the house circulating from the moldy areas to living areas than you would ever get from the mice moving around.


Obviously, if you can tell your wild household mice have mold on their fur, a) you have mice that are WAY to friendly or aggressive in your house (is your name Garfield by any chance), and/or b) you have way too many mice (though 1 is too many in my book) and need to get some pest control underway - either yourself with traps (peanut butter with sunflower seeds, bird seed,or cereal pressed into it works well as bait), or getting an Pest Control/Exterminating contractor in to handle it and also do decontamination.


The mold issue would take a Roofing or Basement Waterproofing contractor probably for the actual moisture control (or maybe Heating and A/C if just damp, not wet, and dehumidification would handle it), and Mold Testing and Remediation (sounds like you do not need the testing part if you have moldy mice) for the mold cleanup.


One thing on the mice - they tend not to like wet areas to live in (as opposed to rats), so might you just be seeing lint on their fur - like if they are living under the reefer (a favorite nice warm spot, with drinking water coming from the condensate drain) and they are basically walking dust bunnies ?


If you had mold affecting your lungs, that could be called several things depending on what the symptoms are, whether an inection or allergy issue, and whether the lungs or bronchial tubes are affected. here are a couple of reputable websites with info on mold-caused health issues:


https://www.cdc.gov/mold/faqs.htm


http://www.lung.org/our-initiatives/h...


http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-co...

Answered 1 year ago by LCD




Related Questions


Terms Of Use
|
Privacy Policy