Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/20/2012

1940's home - I would like to replace plumbing pipes and remodel the basement. What sort of contractor would I look for? Risks?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

Voted Best Answer

You will definetly need a licensed plumber for the plumbing. Many qualifed remodelers will know good plumbers, and you may be able to get an all inclusive bid that will cover the plumbing as well. The key to getting a good contractor is references like the reviews you will find on Angie's List. If your area is not covered, and even if it is, I always highly recomend that you get references with phone numbers from your contractors who bid on your project. Make sure you talk to their past customers if at all possible to see about the quality of their work, their punctuality, and the condition their home was left in during and after the work. Was their work completed on time, and did they do what they said they would do!
Of course Angie's List is a great tool for finding the best and qualified contractors!
Take it from me, I am one.

Richard Willis
Old World Remodeling
Fort Worth, TX

Answered 7 years ago by OldWorldRemodeling

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy