Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 6/4/2015

A contractor was doing work on our home and damaged badly. Should their insurance cover all expenses?

I hired a contractor to do work on our home. They had a fire and burnt our siding. Their insurance says i will have to pay some money to have my home fixed properly. Is this true or should the contractor insurance cover all expenses?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


The insurance, including deductible (which HE should pay, not you) should "make you whole" - pay for what is needed to rebuild to the same standard of construction as you originally had. Sometimes a question arises where the current building code requires a higher standard of construction - which may or may not apply in your case depending in most cases on whether the materials you had no longer meet code, or on whether the reconstruction exceeds 1/2 of the value of the structure.

Did they say WHAT you had to pay for yourself and why - you can respond back using the Answer This Question link right below your question.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy