Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/23/2014

Any doctor's who practice pharmacology And aren't afraid to prescribe pain meds to a chronically ill patient Jax Fl

My friends doctor died and She's had chronic crones disease all her life . She suffers debilitating pain constantly . Her doctor who knew her most of her life , Prescribed her with hydrocodone 7.5 / 325 and some stomach pill's. She talked to him on the phone before he died and discussed that her pain was worsening, And he told her that he would raise her prescription of Hydrocodone to 10 / 325 at her next visit , He died before she could make that appointment. And now she can't find a General M.D. Or Doctor who has enough compassion and actually believes in the Hypocritical oath enough to stand up to the fed's and prescribe the medication that she need's to better her life. If anyone knows of a doctor dedicated to his patient's in Jacksonville Fla. Please e-mail me at She needs your help desperately ! She's thinking of giving up and if she knew I was doing this she would be Real, Real, mad . So if you can help great , If not mum's the word ...

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


First place for her to look is to the doctor who took over the practice and its records and patients - she should contact the doctor's office before it closes out, or call and the patient calls should be routed to an acquiring physician. If no answer, check the office door for a notice on who the records went to, or lacking that then find out who the executor of the estate is in Probate Court records. The new doctor certainly will not prescribe restricted meds without an initial appointment, but that is the best bet.

Except for research doctors, Pharmacists practice pharmacology, not doctors. What she is looking for, Search the List, is an Internist or Internal Medicine Specialist, in particular probably a Gastroenterologist or maybe Digestive System Allergist for the Crohn's Disease (assuming that is what you meant), or maybe a Pain Management specialist for the pain alleviation only.

Another possibility is to work through the internal medicine department at the local large hospital, who should help find the appropriate doctor for her.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy