Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 1/18/2013

BAD Back Pian and recent disabled & Spina Bifida, Deg. Disc Disease, Bulge's & need a Pain Man. Doctor unafraid to give Meds in AR/MO area

I am a 40 Year old Male living in Hawaii and have seen the same Doctor for about 3 years. I worked with Spina Bifida throughout my 20 year Engineering career but fell off a 12 Foot Ladder and Damaged my Spine even worse in June of 2010 Disabling me permenantly, also Deg
I also have Degererative Disc Disease & Surgeries are not viable.
After much Pain & fighting with lazy attorneys I have received my SSDI, SSI, etc. and have seen the same pain Doctor for years and they have increased over time to major pain meds.I also have Major Depression and Anxiety Disorder as well as a bad sleeping disorder and have GrandMal Seizures which we hope are under control now, I also have Tachycardia but noone knows why.
My Daughter lives with her mother in Bentonville, AR and I need to find a Pain Doctor in which I can transfer to like my current Doctor, to be closer to my child who lives near Missouri in Arkansas. This area is not known to dispense hardcore Pain Meds easily. Please Help? HawaiiDavid

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Hi David,

Angie's List is a great place to get advice from service and health care professionals, but for ratings and reviews on specific providers, you'll need to consult Angie's List. Not yet a member? Join Now with promo code "ANSWERS" to receive 20% off your annual membership.

Answered 7 years ago by Katie J.


I am not a medical person, but I think your best bet would be a referral to a doctor who specializes in chronic pain management at the nearest large hospital - which should give you ready access to whatever type of specialist you need at different times. Your current doctor may be able to give you referrals - how far you are going to have to go time will tell- maybe Fayetteville or Tulsa or Springfield, maybe even Cape Giradeau, Little Rock or St Louis for specialty care.

You can also go on the Medicare website (which also covers SSDI) and look up providers in any specific area you want who accept MC/SSDI patients in different specialties. Tough call for you, because of the pain med prescription issue, as you may want to just visit first and find medical care that works BEFORE you decide exactly where to move to, because it may turn out easier if you live just over the line in MO or OK than in AR so you live in the same stte as the prescribing doctor.

I presume you are not military veteran - if you are, sounds like the VA is what you need, both for comprehensive care cabability and avoids state line issues.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy