Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 11/9/2013

Best installer of senior bath/shower plumbing?

Does a plumber install new senior tub/shower fixtures?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


If you are talking a total new shower/surround, a few do, if you are talking a plastic or fiberglass surround. Generally, a plumber will do the plumbing, but a general contractor specializing in bathroom remodels is who you really need - to coordinate the plumber, tile contractor if doing tile, carpentry if needed, and installation of the surround and doors if going that way.

If you are talking only the plumbing fixtures and grabbars, then yes - a plumber is who you need, if replacing fixtures without changing the locations in the walls. If new surround is needed because of a major remodel of the shwoer area, then general contractor.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy