Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 1/4/2012

Can you help me find an insurance company that will insure a vacant house that I plan to sell (or Lease)?

My home insurance for my residence (in Dallas) doesn't insure vacant homes or buildings unless they are commercial. The house for sale is in Plane, but they won't insure it and I hesitate to lease it without insurance.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Have you checked Angie’s List? Angie’s List Answers is agreat place to find advice from professionals, but for ratings, reviews andinformation to help you hire the companies you need, visit today.

Answered 8 years ago by Cas


If you plan on leasing or selling it, then it is a commercial property - you need landlord insurance, which commonly will cover a vacant property for up to 6-12 months during remodeling/leasing. If the normal companies you would get insurance from won't cover it, contact a real estate insurance broker - they deal with lots of companies and can find several for you - plus give you advice on types of coverage you need as a landlord and what you should require any renter/leasee to carry also.

In our area runs about $500-700/year for vacant but fully secured and lighted/heated house being improved for sale/lease, and more in the $1000+ range for full landlord coverage.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy