Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/22/2014

Do I call a carpenter or a handyman to have rotted window sub sill and sill framing replaced?

Saw some water damage to wall under window sill and thought it would be a simple drywall fix. Once the drywall was removed, saw that the wood sill framing, sub sill, stool and apron was rotted. We do not want to replace the windows so not sure who to call to have this fixed.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


You need a window and door millwork shop to remove the window and fabricate replacement parts, put them in, and reinstall the window. Unless this is an antique window or you don't want an appearance mismatch with the other windows, almost certainly going to be cheaper to just get a new window.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy