Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 6/16/2017

Do you call a plumber for a gas heated water heater problem

The water heater is only putting out lukewarm water in all areas of home

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Yes - replacement of a gas water heater or gas piping work may require a Pipe Fitter / Gas Fitter license in some states, but in those areas plumbing outfits generally have aq licensed one on staff to handle gas water heater/boiler issues.

Heating and A/C is the other Angies List Search the List category covering this type of work - in some areas HVAC firms tend to do most water heater work (more back East in my experience), in others Plumbers (more in the northern tier and West in my experience), though in most areas both types of vendors both do water heating appliance installation and repair.

IF you nave luckwarm water most likely cause is only the pilot light burning (main burner not kicking on, most commonly because the thermocouple / thermopile not working any more), or one of the two heating elements on an electric water heater going out (obviously not your case).

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy