Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/30/2011

Does the Federal Gov. issue rebates on replacement windows, also does the electric company do anything for energy efficient homes? Thanks

I am going to have Duramade
Windows & Doors install Gorell windows ~ hurricane impact protection and Energy Efficient windows and was wondering if Fed. Gov. or elec. company issue any kind of rebate since I was told by the Duramade Co. I would be using less energy to cool or heat my home.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


This link gives information about the federal tax credits available for certain energy efficiency upgrades including windows. It's not a lot but it's something you may as well take advantage of. Also check with your state for tax credits and your utility provider for any available rebates.


Answered 9 years ago by Sun Control


The energy star tax credit is only available to home owners who install windows that have a U-Value of .30 or less. Gorell makes a good window but like most manufactures make them in various grades and qualitys. The best bet for any home owner who wants to make sure that they are getting a good performance product is to check the U-value and make sure your contractor specifies the the u-value on your contract. .35 u-value gets the window an energy star lable, but no tax credit unless the nfrc ratings are .30 or less.


Answered 9 years ago by the new window man

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy