Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 4/23/2015

Has anyone hired a company to replace fascia around the house and stucco work?

I need to remove all siding and banding on front of the house and replace with stucco and repair and replace the fascia wood around the house.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


To get both services in one, you would probably need a General Contractor. Or, just have the fascia work done by a Handyman or Carpenter, then have a Stucco contractor remove the siding and banding and put up the stucco. Be aware that you will need different underlayment under the stucco - you can't just tear off the siding and put on stucco - it needs a solid (plywood) backing and a water barrier before the wire mesh and stucco can go on.

Also a good time to check on the condition of your insulation - including at least stapling up any sagging batting or infilling any sagged blown-in insulation, and also for adding additional outside wall face insulation if this is part of an overall remodel including new windows and such - though in that case definitely a remodeling general contractor job.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy