Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 6/16/2014

Hello. I am looking for who to contact about a remodeling job at a small business that involves glass panel walls.

We are located in West Palm Beach FL. We are unsure if we should contact a general contractor or someone that specializes in glass or whoever. We just want the existing glass panel dividers to be rearranged to create more room. Looks like it requires some drywall work where the glass is supported by small footings and other details I am unsure of. But it does not seem to be too complicated. They are large wall type pieces of glass that are about 8 feet tall and 8 feet wide. We want about seven of the pieces of glass to be moved out of the center of the room and moved to another spot in the same room to create more space. Is this something that would be expensive? Looks like it might take a few guys about ten hours of work or less if they have experience with something like this. Thanks!

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Voted Best Answer

Hello, this is Kyle K from the Member Care Department.

I apologize for my delay. It sounds like you'll need the services of a contracting company. After you've signed in to, try searching "Remodeling - General" using the "Search the List" tab in the main green navigation bar.

If you would like to see some Angie's List search results for contactors in your area in this forum, please let me know by responding in line with this Q&A by submitting a new answer.

You can also reach us at or toll-free at 1-866-783-2980 to speak with a live representative. Our call center hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am-8:15 pm Eastern Time or Saturday from 8:30 am-3:00 pm ET.

Thanks for writing! - Kyle K

Answered 6 years ago by Member Services


For anything involving large or heavy glass bigger than a standard shower door, I would recommend a glass door and window company - just too easy to break ti, or set it up and not properly stress relieve the framing so it might crack fromthe stress weeks after the move.

Besides - that type of company works with glass all the time - a handyman, General Contractor's staff, etc rarely does an many employees will not have experience tht is applicable - and you do not know who you are getting on your job, so go with a company that does your type of work most often.

Even if it then takes a Handyman or drywall conractor to patch old connection points, at least you will know the glass move was (hopefully) done right, whereas with a GC unless you specified he HAS to subcontractor out the glass move, you do not know that you might not get a couple of freshly hired high school kids on your job. I would not risk it with panels that probably run $500-100 each.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy