Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 mygfcxx1 95
6 ahowell 95
7 KnowledgeBase 95
8 skbloom 80
9 Guest_98024861 70
10 Guest_9311297 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 2/11/2013

Hi JP, the tank on a boiler that is 50yrs + has sprong a leak. who should I hire a plumber or hvac person? what's a good price with labor?

Hi JP, the tank in question is a water tank that feeds water to the boiler. I was told that the tank would have to be replaced. If so who would be the best person to do this a plumer or a hvac person. and what should a job like ths cost with supplies and labor.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

3 Answers


As an Angie's List online editor and reporter, I'm more of a generalist when it comes to providing advice on home repairs - the saying "jack of all trades, master of none" certainly applies for me :) I'm hopeful that some of the company owners or skilled tradesmen here on Answers can help supply some information for you.

The questions I have would be:
1. Is the boiler for your home's heating or cooling equipment?
2. Is this a common setup in your area?
3. What are some of the other benefits - such as lower operating costs - could come from replacing the unit vs. repairing it?

When it comes down to pricing, I would defintiely recommend calling at least three reputable HVAC or plumbing companies and getting estimates - of course, using Angie's List to find the companies best suited to do the work based on the reviews of homeowners near you!

Answered 6 years ago by JP


The heating options can be perfectly offered by the boilers which are mainly utilised inside the enterprise or perhaps the residence. It can be an critical device which primarily supplies the heat towards the wall pipes in a commercial or residential constructing.


Answered 6 years ago by michelclork02


Make sure whomever you decide to use does a lot of boilers, they can be tricky for someone not real familiar with the system. There are a bunch of Hvac companies that don't have a boiler guy on staff even.


Answered 6 years ago by hockeycoachtim

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy