Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 12/9/2015

How do I check if a builder is licensed and bonded in Washington state

I want to check on Darrell Barnard, Chewelah WA

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Licensing you can check here -

Bonding you have to have him give you a certificate of coverage on binder document from the bonding company, naming him (SAME identical company name as on contract) as covered and for how much - and if not issued and dated specifically for you, call them to confirm still in effect and ask what the unencumbered amount is - if not full amount, means they have "put aside" a certain amount of the coverage to cover pending claims, which not only tells you how much might be available for your job (unless more claims come in first) but also if he has pending claims against his bond.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy