Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/28/2017

How do I contact LCD? They offered an expert answer to a problem I have.

One of the experts, LCD demonstrated such a high level of understanding of a repair we need to have done-sagging floors in an older home-that I'd like to have them look at and bid on the work, or recommend a contractor. But I don't see a way to contact them. Any help will be much appreciated.
Lynnsly Kollar-Portland, Or.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Thanks for the vote of confidence, but you would be out of my area of operations even if I were not basically retired now - sorry. And I have done little work in the Portland area and none at all recently, so can't give a recommendation for a contractor either.

Could not track back to your original question and don't remember it offhand from the number of similar sagging floor questions on the site - apparently you had a different user name then, because it shows no previous questions under the Europa screenname.

Terrafirma (or maybe Terrafirm, but I think it had an "a" on the end of the name) was a firm I (or a GC on the job, using them as a sub) used on several jobs in the OR/WA border area which comes to mind - Ryan Buckley or Beckley or something along that line was, as I recall, the owner's or manager's name. Can't say what the company is like today, but they are shown as having won the Angies List Super Service Award for at least 2012 through 2016 inclusive, so evidently not too many bad complaints.

Course, if the sagging is a framing rather than a foundation or underlying support issue then you would probably be looking at a GC specializing in carpentry - don't know how much that firm gets into framing issues - they were known for foundation and basement watearproofing work. But - if the sagging solution is putting in intermediate posts under the joists in the basement/crawlspace, then probably up their alley.

This appears to be their profile page - with 169 reviews shown you should be able to get a pretty good feel forhow their customers feel about them -

For future reference - if you are in contact with a contributor who answered a question, normally they will select to be notified when any following answers are given on that same question - there is also an option to be notified of new posting on ANY questions one has asked or answered. So generally, just post another "answer" as if you were answering your own question (either to provide follow-up info or to initiiate a back-and-forth clarification or such), using the Answer This Questions yellow button right below your Question.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy