Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 2/9/2020

How do I determine if I have 220 or 208 volts.

I’m replacing an electric cooktop that was running off a 30 amp circuit. A possible replacement can use the existing circuit if I have 208 volts but requires 40 if I have 240. My main breaker is a 200 amp switch. How do I resolve this?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Call a local electrician unless you're comfortable with removing the deadfront on your breaker panel and using a meter to make a measurement.

Residential is almost always 240V.

Industrial and commerical are often 208V

Answered 7 months ago by kestrelelectric

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy