Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 1/24/2012

How do I fill in scratches on my dinning table

Will moving my table top got scratched. Just need something to fill it in. It is of a cherry wood color.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Great question! It may depend on how bad the scratches are. You could check out wax sticks or touch-up markers at your local home improvement store.

Answered 8 years ago by Cas


How deep are the scratches? If they are only in the clear coat you can buff them out using progressively finer sand paper or even very fine steel wool available at any paint store. You may have to apply a new coat of polyurethane if you get down too much in it. If the scratches are in the stain you can try the wax sticks mentioned in the other answer. They're available at just about any store with a home improvement department. If there are gouges you'll have to sand and refinish the table most likely.

Todd Shell
Todd's Home Services

Answered 8 years ago by Todd's Home Services

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy