Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 12/30/2014

How do I repair a small < 1/4" round hole that appeared on my kitchen faucet base?

Aluminum I think. Almost like a cavity, doesn't go thru the 'metal'.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Here is another similar question and answer -

I presume you are not talking about a hole a retaining setscrew fell out from - maybe there to keep the faucet sleve from moving out of place, or to retain the handle on the shaft. Will be internally threaded if that is the case - you can get spares at plumbing supply places if you can figure out faucet brand.

I have heard of this in several cases with cheap box-store faucets madein China, with air bubbles in the castings which were covered over with the "chrome" finish, which then popped off as the bubble corroded. If not part of the water-retaining system - like just on the skirt of the faucet, then an epoxy should work - you can even get stainless and chrome-colored epoxy, or buyr regular gray and paint with touchup paint. Cost about $10 range for epoxy putty patching material - far more than you need so you will probably be wasting the rest (shelf life very short once opened) but cheaper than a plumber.

I would NOT try that if water is leaking out the that point - that would call for a faucet replacement, or a silver solder job - something a plumber can do.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy