Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/6/2016

How can I replace a cracked spa/hot tub filter that is no longer manufactured?

I have a Purex Triton Seahorse FSH 500 filter for my spa/hot tub, and it has two large cracks in the fiberglass. When I run the filter, water just flows out of the cracks until the spa is empty. This model filter is no longer manufactured. I am wondering if there is a same-size fiberglass cover that is available or, if not (and I need to replace the entire filter), is there a different filter that has the same size valve attachment?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Check with your pool and spa supply dealer - or google this search phrase - Purex Triton Seahorse FSH 500 filter housing - it appears these are available a number of places online.

Otherwise, a pool and spa repair guy should be able to pretty easily (with maybe an adapter or two) fit a current-production filter housing of suitable capacity into the line in place of the one you have.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy