Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/16/2018

How can I report a contractor that doesn’t want to be responsable with the work he did

Contractor was hire to do a siding job didn’t install housewrapand made wholes in to my new roof installing the the j channel (which they go nail to the wall )and he don’t want to fix it and I lost my warranty in that part of my new roof because of the nails is much worse then what it was

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


You can complain to the state contractor licensing board - which can discipline him or suspend or (in extreme cases) revoke his license - but that does not help you directly.

You would need some expert witness help to support your case (from a licensed engineer or architect probably best) regarding the damage done, then file a claim against his bonding company iof he refuses to fix or pay to fix (in case of roof) the damage. If your house does not have housewrap and he put none on, assuming normal plank or panel siding without housewrap-rated insulation under it, then check with your building inspection department. This was probably a code violation, would mean the siding needs removal to put in housewrap (and generally new siding, because rare to be able to remove and replace siding without damaging it), and they can give a failed inspection (noting also roof damage) which would give you more ammunition with the bonding company to get it made right.

Not sure how he damaged the roof doing siding - unless you have a zero-overhang or flat roof and he damaged the curbing area. But any damage he did should be made good - probably with at least local reroofing in that area with new roofing and water barriers.

If going after his bonding company to make good on it, likely to need an attorney to help make your case and let them know you are serious about this.

And of course, if you have not made final payment don't, and if able to stop any payments already made I would stop them too.

Be sure all future communications are in writing/documented, and get it photo documented.

Answered 2 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy