Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/21/2011

How do you add insulation/sound board within my bedroom. Unable to add between wall space of other unit?

I'm in a Townhome, and am trying to figure out how to add either insulation or soundboard within my bedroom. Due to association rules, I'm unable to add within the wall space.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


There are specialty drywall productsthat are designed to reduce noise. In MD and PA they are available atLowe's and through drywall suppliers. I have not used them myself but ifyou find a distributor for the products they can give you installationspecifications. It may be as simple as gluing and crewing the new drywallto the old wall surface and then finishing the new sheetrock.

Answered 8 years ago by Cost Rite



QuietRock or similar products are available as well as the option of creating a wall inside of a wall with something like resilient channel and sound isolation pads.

Be sure to detail out the wall penetrations and other switches and plates.

Answered 6 years ago by WoWHomeSolutions

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy