Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 4/24/2013

How much would it cost to assemble a Murphy bed or wall bed

Looking for someone to assemble a Murphy bed or wall bed how much would they charge.
What type of Carpenter would do this type of work

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


I would suspect the installation can be done by the store that sold you the bed, if it is new. If an existing one and you moved it to a new location, check with stores that sell them - they might have their regular installation crew do it for you for $100 or so if it is a free-standing unit. Even if they do not do installations, they probably have a contractor they recommend for the job.

Assuming this is a commercial unit, if it is free-standing it should only take 2 people an hour or so to put it together and fasten it to the wall (being careful of wires and pipes, of course).

If it is a built-in unit that actually recesses into the wall, then you are looking at a remodel carpenter to tear into the wall, install the bed frame, put in trim moulding, then put the bed unit together and into the frame. That could be the better part of a days work - maybe $250-500 to put it into a standard stud wall without electric or plumbing relocation needed - easily double that if relocation needed, or if the wall is anything but a standard stud wall with drywall or panelling over it.

Answered 7 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy