Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/10/2016

How much does it normally cost to relevel a 24x,58 double wide in san diego, ca

Also, I would lke a list of relevl specialist in the San Diego, Ca. 24x58

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Angies List does not have a Search the List category for this. I would google for house trailer movers or setup contractors, then cross-check by company name on Angies List to see if they have any rating or reviews in other categories of work.

How much it costs depends on the support system, whether on jacks or blocking or cribbing or concrete/concrete block walls, and whether it has wind/hurricane/seismic tiedowns or not (which have to be slacked off first, then retightened as the work progresses. Probably a minimum of around $250-500 for simple blocking or crib-supported trailer-park type home, and on up depending on support system to maybe $2000-3500 range plus if bolted down to a permanent foundation and has a full tiedown system in place as well. Of course, the conditions underneath and whether or not skirting is blocking any tiedowns or bolts affects the cost too.

I would expect something around $500-800 is the "normal range" on the average - if you live in a mobile home park ask your neighbors what they paid last time (typically about every 5-15 years depending on foundation and soil type unless on permanent deep-footer concrete walls which shoudl be good for life) and if they would recommend the contractor they used.

I would also check on local and state seismic/wind tiedown and foundation regs - if your system is not up to snuff might be a good time to do so at the same time, so it is done and passable when or if you ever sell. Pretty much all state and federal subsidized or insured mobile/manufactured home loans require permanent type foundations and tiedowns - no more of the stack of wood pallets and tent rope and tent pegs.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy