Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 2/21/2016

How to fix a gap in motorhome letting water in on sidewall

Plastic type bumper piece separated from motorhome and pieces of disintegrated plywood coming out of the wall
What type of material can I use to fix this

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


If you mean exterior bumper trim let water in, so interior plywood panelling is falling apart, right way would be to replace the deteriorated panelling - you may well also have deteriorated flooring fro the water, and possibly also corroded copper piping in that area. Exterior trim might be mechanically attached, or glued on - typically a butyl windshield type sealant would be used to reattach this, though a good silicone caulk might work.

If you mean interior joint trim separated and deteriorated plywood is coming out, then needs repair as above. For quick and dirty fix - cut out the bad wood and splice in a patch piece, or use "plastic wood" type wood putty or automotive body filler could be used to fill the hole in the plywood, then paint or put stick-on wallpaper as desired over it - though that does nothing to address where the leak is so will continue to deteriorate.

Professionally - an RV or trailer repair place would be your best bet - the only AL category for that is RV - Sales and Service.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy