Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/7/2011

How to make a claim with the CSLB and against a contractorsbond

Roofing contractor redoing roofs in HOA opened them up in winter,
rains came, he did not tarp sufficiently, lots of interior damage to
10 condos. His insurance has declined claim. Over $150,000
in damage. How can the CA state licensing board help, how to do that,
and how to claim against his bond.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Hi Guest_98859767,

It's Josh from Angie's List.

If you feel the contractor has violated the laws established by California and the Contractors State License Board, you can file a formal complaint against the contractor at the CSLB website:

For more details on what's required to file a complaint, check out this article "How to file a formal complaint against an LA contractor" -- the headline says LA, but the information is applicable to all California residents.

Hope this helps!


Answered 9 years ago by JP

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy