Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/20/2018

How much $$ to replace meter box for 100 amp service & add 2 grounding rods in Fairfield County ,CT?Labor?Parts?

Exterior meter box needs to be replaced today in an existing 100 amp service.

Would like to reserve the option to do a future upgrade to 200 amps.
I figure that 200A box is slightly more $$.
Code requires to add 2 grounding rods.

Ideal situation is install 200 amp meter box now with only 100 amp breaker switch. Is that possible/legal?
Then in future, upgrade meter breaker switch to handle a future upgrade for future interior 200A Main panel.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

This question has not yet been answered.

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy