Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 11/13/2019

I have 1 1/2 year old outswing exterior doors that leak from the top. They are flush with the exterior of the house

We had a ten minute downpour, water cascades down exterior wall and over top trim 1X4 Hardie, then lips under the Hardie and over door top. There is Q-lon in the kerf in door frame, but it's on the inside edge, and butts up with interior edge of door. Obviously a cascading flow isn't what it's designed for, allowing water to penetrate and flow down the interior of the door, from top to bottom, then onto the floor. I'm wondering if the doors aren't the correct type of exterior doors to be used where they are flush to the exterior. They are made by "Masonite" and have double pane glass with blinds inside. These must be sealed, as water was coming out of the inset trim piece, but didn't penetrate the glass insert. Maybe flowed thru and around the glass. I live in a coastal area , so I think they are supposed to be outswing. Concerning that there is no flange or place for weatherstripping on outside edge of door or frame.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

This question has not yet been answered.

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy