Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 10/17/2013

I have alzheimers and need to find out how to find my divorce papers from 1984 Philadelphia PA

I am confused, I tried vital statistics and the web site says it's a couple of hundred dollars for PA to search for it. My ex-husband died so he can't help. I am unable to get a non-drivers ID in Delaware because they want all marriage/divorce/death certificates. I don't know where to turn. I need to be able to see a neurologist and get my meds, but all the doctors want a valid ID for proof of Identity. Please help me.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Because of your condition and since you are not in Philly, assuming you have the pertinent information at hand (party's names, birthdates, divorce date and what city's court it was granted in) I would contact an attorney's office in downtown Philly and ask what it would cost for a paralegal to obtain copies of all the pertinent documents for you. You will have to provide them with all the pertinent info, and probably also get copies of your birth certificate from whereever you were born, and likely social security card too, as most birth certificates do not have that info on them but they are going to want that before issuing an ID card.

It would cost more, but for simplicity perhaps contact (if you don't have one already) a local attorney it is easy for you to see in person - preferably a Probate attorney (dealing in wills, estates, and such) to handle it for you, and they will either get it directly or contact a Philly attorney's office to do the legwork.

Will cost you more in the long run by going through lawyers, but take the burden off of you of doing the legwork.

Two other alternatives - if you have a family member you trust who can run this down for you; or contact your local Health and Human Services Older Persons department and see if they have an office that can assist you with this - but I would not hold my breath on that course.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy