Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 2/9/2014

I am looking for architect to build a house in Wilmette IL

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


Probably just semantics, but I presume you know that an Architect works with you to develop the house layout and features, then prepares plans and specs for bidding and construction, prepares a construction cost estimate (needed for financing), and can help you locate a general contractor, and if you so choose (and you should) assists with during-construction questions and issues with the contractor, and inspection and final punchlist preparation and resolution with the General Contractor - who is the one actually building the house.

For Architects and GC's in your area and their reviews and ratings, Search the List in the green banner bar above.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy