Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/4/2012

I would like to have a bathtub replaced. Do I need a plumber or a remodel specialist?

I have an existing bathtub that the finish is deteriorating and would like to put in a new tub....

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


The short answer is both. The longer answer is hire a remodeling contractor who can handle everything for you. He'll do the necessary demolition, coordinate the plumbing work, and put everything back together. If it is just a simple bathtub replacement most contractors can properly hook up the new drain to the tub. I say most becasue I've seen a lot of crazy and wrong things done in plumbing lately. Let's just say if you see your contractor with a caulk gun in his hand while he's installing the tub drain be very worried. Also, make sure the new tub is properly set in a morter bed as recommended by most manufacturers.

Todd Shell
Todd's Home Services
San Antonio, TX

Answered 8 years ago by Todd's Home Services

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy