Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/26/2017

I bought a house ive lived in the house less than 6 months and my well is going dry . What should i do

I bought a home in holland mass. My well is going dry . They never disclosed this in my disclosure. The lady who lived hear before me ran out and the seller of the home knew this . So what can I do I've only lived here less than six months.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Sorry to hear about your problem, ecause this is likely to be in the $1000+ and quite possibly several to fix, not a minor thing usually unless the well is just sedimented in but still able to yield OK.

Depends of course on the specifics of your state's disclosure laws, but generally if the Seller knew the well had gone dry in recent history than it should have been disclosed.

Another thing that is rarely done because of the several hundred cost, is a pump function and well capacity test during the inspection period - so the seller is likely to try to throw at leat part of the blame back on you if you did not have a test done - though of course if it passed the test in the spring but went dry because of summer drought that is another matter.

Another way he might try to beat it is if you have had an unusually dry year for the area.

Also - depending on state law, if the owner was not resident in the property, he might not have been required to do a disclosure - that is common and generally applied to trust and estate representatives and executors and such.

I would first talk to your Realtor about his/her thoughts - unless he/she was representing both parties in the deal. That might or might not then lead you to an initial consultation with a real estate contracts specialty attorney about possible recourse against the owner.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy