Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/24/2017

I bought a modular. Was told it was double knock down over drywal. I'm getting seam splits and bubbles turns out it

Was put over panel board the was not treated was even falling apart. So my question what can I do to fix it? It's every room. I already have a case on the prior owner for non disclosure for this and many other issues. But now my place looks awlful with the splits and bubbles.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


You may or may not have a case for non-disclosure - did he say double knockdown wlth lath and plaster or wire and plaster, or just double knock down - could be double knock down drywall patching or texturing compound, which does not stick to modular home panelling worth beans, so he might have though it was fine as done.

Oops - you said you were told (though that matters when, how, and by who) over drywall and you found it was over panel board - so tht would be a significant difference, though he would have had to KNOWLINGLY told you (and probably in writing in the disclosure) that it was over drywall to have a case against him. IF he had been told it was oer drywall when he bought it and believed it, you would likely not have a case against him, especially since it would have been very easy to check that by removing an outlet cover.

To fix - I would say any fix is likely to be no better than what you have now - only quality fix, and probably cheapest in the long run, is tear out the panelling and put in new - whatever you want - panelling, drywall, or whatever, though if not panelling the outlets will likelyi have to be moved out or have box extensions put on them because of the greater thickness of drywall or true wood panelling.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy