Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 1/12/2015

I need a certified plumber to sign off on a leak in my home , that was not caused by plumbing. What is the cost?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


It would have to be the one who did the repair - presuming this is a certification for the water company to get a refund on some of the additional water billing due to the leak. If he did the repair, would normally provide an invoice with the problem description and what the repair was that was done, for free. Otherwise, probably minimum service charge of around $75-150.

In most cases just an invoice showing that a leak was repaired in the service line for instance, or that the water conditioner backflush valves was stuck open and repaired, is all the water company wants to see to do a partial (or if you are lucky complete) refund of the extra water usage cost.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy