Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/28/2014

I am in need of a concierge service or house manager. I have moved and need someone to manage things at the house.

I need someone to check on my home in Durham to be sure that all is running smoothly, from the water heaters to the irrigation and pool. Also, this person/service should be capable of accessing when a contractor does not show up, or is not doing a good job. This would include: lawn care, pool care, house cleaning, etc. Also, Identifying any problems and/ or improvements that need attention, coordination and meeting with contractors, and possibly manage home organilzation/ some packing of non-essencial items. IE: a home concierge typoe company?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Out Of Order is a provider for house management in USA.

Source: http://outoforderorganizers,com

Answered 6 years ago by charlene hovey


The first sentence sounds like a House-Sitter, even if not actually residing in your house. The rest I think this is way beyond a concierge service or normal house sitter, especially being responsible for dealing with contractors and such. The last scope item sounds like an ORganizer - House and Garage.

What you really need is a live-in housekeeper or butler - you do have several of those those on your extensive household staff, don't you ?

I guess the closest you can come without a resident manager is a Property Manager - the same type as would manage an apartment or apartment building for an out-of-state owner. Another alternative would be to pay a neighbor friend to do this.

Search the List for ones with good reviews. If you have a real estate agent in the area you know or bought the house from, they could probably give recommendations also - a few even do this type of service on the side (especially in remoter and vacation areas with a lot of seasonally vacant homes) or have a spouse who does.

Consider HOW you are going to control the authority you are granting to deal with contractors, because this person is going to be acting as your agent with them, so has the same authority to proceed with or approve work as you have, so you need firm limits on authority and limits on, but means of, making real-time payments to contractors like electrician and plumbers and roofers and such. May well need a Limited Power of Attorney so contractors will accept his/her authority to authorize work at a home they do not own.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy