Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/12/2014

I need a contractor in Glendale, CA area to replace rotting board on the outside of house.

Front porch wood in rotting, top quarter of house wood is rotting and window area wood is rotting.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


With porch, siding, and window trim (or window frames) rotting, sounds like you need a General Contractor - Search the List Category Remodeling - General.

You said the top quarter of house wood is rotting - considering your locale, this sounds like you may be talking a roof leakage or gutter overflow problem also.

If you look in the Home > Windows and Home > Siding and Home >Decks and Porches categories in the Browse Projects area at lower left, you can find a number of prior questions with responses on siding and window rot and deck/porch repair that might be of interest to you, and have a fair amount of ballpark pricing info that could get you started on budgeting this work.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy