Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 8/19/2012

I have damp carpet and wet drywall around a shower. Who do I call? A plumber? a contractor?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

3 Answers


Hi Nand,

I experienced a similar issue in my home a few years ago. You'll probably need to call both a plumber and a contactor who has some experience with bathroom remodeling. Calling the plumber first will help you get to the root of the problem - whether it's a leaking fixture or the bath tub itself, it definitely sounds like you have a water leak somewhere.

Answered 7 years ago by JP


Recommend contacting a licensed plumber in your area. They will perform a number of tests to determine if it is a valve/water issue or a drain issue. Make sure your caulk and grout are good and that no water is getting through.

Answered 7 years ago by amstelplumbing


good advise to both but the mold process has started with the dampness.

Answered 7 years ago by wmadix

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy