Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 7/6/2013

I need to find a general contract for repairs to my home from a tree falling on the front roof.

Damage includes a crushed broken garage roof that will have to be rebuilt. Two walls that have been pushed outward. Re-roof the whole roof with 3 layer tear off and replace living room ceiling. I live in Elkhart, IN.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Sorry about your mini-disaster. Hopefully you have been in contact with you homeowners insurance company - usually they will arrange for the damage adjuster to meet with a contractor they usually deal with to evaluate the damage and get a bid, so if you use their contractor choice you know the price is one they will pay off on (minus deductible, of course).

Either way, your insurance adjuster should be able to help you with names of contractors they have had good luckk with.

You can also Search the List for local general contractors and their reviews. Obviously, their ability to respond very quickly will narrow the field quicker than usual.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy