Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 2/3/2016

I need help finding an electrician to inspect an electric panel on an apartment building.

Insurance company says that some panels manufactured by either Federal Pacific Electric (aka Federal Pioneer, Federal NOARC, Federal NOARK, Stab-Loc), Zinsco (aka Kearny, GTE-Sylvania, Magnetrip) or Siemens (aka Murray) have be described as being problematic and may not sagely guard against overload or short circuit. I need to determine if the building has the impacted panel and take any necessary steps to eliminate potential hazards.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


Which insurance company? Farmers said they don't differentiate between panel manufacturers. In what city does this work need to be done. Federal Pacific Stab-Locs have burned down a few homes in my area.

Answered 4 years ago by Kestrel Electric


Electrical would be your Search the List category - probably about $100-150 visit charge. You need to get a list from the insurance company for the ones they don't accept, so the electrician can document on his invoice that he check those specific brands and yours (hopefully) is not one of them.

Here is another very similar question with more lengthy answer -

and you can find quite a few prior questions with answers and some ballpark costs for breaker panel replacement in the Home > Electrical link in Browse Projects, at lower left.

Answered 4 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy