Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/7/2012

I need a good diagnostician who will listen and not just push drugs on me. It's been 4 years and no answers from drs.

Since I moved to SC 4 years ago, I hav had many health problems, none of which have been resolved successfully. I've had 2 surgeries ( for 2 different problems ) which had bad results or no results at all, and numerous tests, and every dr I have visited has tried to get me to take drugs, without even finding out what is wrong with me. I'm miserable, frustrated and depressed - can any one recommend a doctor who will listen and not immediately write out a prescription? A real- life Dr. House, perhaps?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

6 Answers


Have you checked Angie's List? Answers is a great place to find advice from professionals, but for ratings, reviews and information to hire the doctors you need, visit today.

Answered 8 years ago by Cas


Depending on what is going on seeing a physiatrist may be a good option. They use surgery as the last option, and do not perform surgeries, so they are experts thinking of other ways to address and assess issues.

There are also some practices that work in teams. Based on your expression of all that has happened and where you are now, a team that includes a behavioral health professional would be beneficial. These include a psychiatrist, psychologist and for you who does not want another pill, a counselor or social worker (they can't prescribe), to help your mood balance as you work on your health.

The team should/could include a pharmacist, who asks you about how you feel about your medications, and helps you understand why you are taking them if they are needed and helps you get rid of them (deprescribes) when appropriate. Pharmacists look to assess health in terms of medications. Can a medication help you or could some that you've been on be contributing to your problems. The key is that the team works together to know more than one person can.

Having a pharmacist you work with can improve your confidence that what you are taking is needed, and not "extra." They can also assess if a supplement can replace a medication if that would make you more comfortable. Some great pharmacists trained to do this are close to you in Ashville. Some like me work nationally, but the best situation is when they are integrated into your team already when possible.

A physician practice with a Medical Home model is more likely to have integrated care. Best of Luck to you and good health.


Answered 8 years ago by PMcCauley


While I'm not a medical person, I've also been to many, Physicians Assistants, Medical Doctors, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, all of them, they push pills... Welcome to the 21st Century. You said it - no answers from drs... And you are: "miserable, frustrated and depressed".

I'm going to suggest something, you might laugh, but hear me out.

Go to a Holistic Dentist and find out if you have a mouth full of poisonous, mercury laden amalgam fillings in your teeth. You might have five, or twenty, or thirty. They leak mind altering, brain cell poisoning mercury 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - for decades and decades, and decades. It can be the source of your depression and frustration and I believe some much more serious diseases, along with such symptoms as your "many health problems" (possibly cancer, and so-called neuro-muscular diseases) and if you smoke, that exacerbates the effects of these poisonous, mercury laden amalgam fillings.

Really, don't think it to death, get to a Holistic Dentist, fast.

Talk is cheap, but if that is what is wrong with you, you can become better, but the sooner, the better.


Answered 8 years ago by slbender


Dr. F. Strait Fairey, 820 Wingo Way, Mt. Pleasant, SC, 843 266 3553

Answered 8 years ago by Pluffmud


Make an appointment at a clinic with their specialist you believe you need at a teaching hospital. They can at least get you going in the right direction.

Source: http:// RN

Answered 8 years ago by wendybTn


Head to a Naturopathic Doctor ASAP!

Answered 5 years ago by Guest_94708161

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy