Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 1/4/2012

I need a good plumber for a small repair job

The toilet leaks around the water line at the floor. I can't tell if it is in the cut off valve or not.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


Not sure where you live but you should be able to find a local plumber through this service, Angies List! You may need to pull the toilet and reset with new wax seal ect.. Put a paper towel under the angle valve to see if water is dripping. Also put toilet paper around base of toilet to see if water shows up after flushing.

Answered 8 years ago by amstelplumbing


Are you a member of Angie's List. If so go to that site and search for local plumbers. Angie's List Answers is a way to get advice from professionals such as how-to or product reviews from professionals who have tried it.

If you wipe up all of the water and don't use the toilet for quite a while does the water return? If so it's a supply or tank issue, if not probably a seal issue at the wax ring. If you are all handy you can take a little time to diagnose and then repair it yourself. A new supply line is only $4-8 dollars depending on type and length. If it's a valve problem you may have to call a plumber if it's soldered to the pipe. If it's laking from the underside of the tank a new rubber gasket is needed which cost $1-2.

Todd Shell
Todd's Home Services

Answered 8 years ago by Todd's Home Services

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy