Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 6/28/2013

I am looking for a good tree service

I have a sick Palm Tree

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


If you are looking to save the tree, you need a certified arborist.

For removal, a tree removal contractor.

Search the List (in green banner bar at top of page) for local contractors and reviews.

You might first google palm tree diseases and see if you can determine what the probable cause is from that. Also, most palm trees have pretty well established lifespans - up to 150 years, but depends on species. For instance, the beautiful very tall palms planted in great numbers along major streets in the Los Angeles area in the depression's by the WPA started dying off in earnest in the 1970's and 1980's, and very few of those age exist any longer. The replacement growth trees are at full mature height now, and will also start dying off in the near future. Saving an old palm tree can be very difficult and may cost more than replacement, so be sure to keep cost in mind, as they are not really that expensive a tree (when small).

FYI - the wood is pretty much useless - I have never heard of anyone wanting the wood other than as a curiosity (trying to make a "native" surfboard, carving, etc).

Answered 7 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy