Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/5/2015

I need someone who can hang fixtures and repair a toilet that won't fill up with water on the back of the commode?

I need someone to hang minors on the wall, fix a wooden board that was nailed in the kitchen and fix a commode that will not fill up with water on the back of the commode and if possible put up lighting fixture.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


Mirrors and board probably Handyman - unless mirrors are very large or ones you want mounted directly to the wall instead of "hung", in which case Glass and Mirror company will have tools and adhesives to do that securely. Board - unless this takes fine woodcraft (then Carpenter - Woodworking) then a Handyman again for that. Not real clear what the problem is with that one.

Toilet tank - if just a flapper valve (runs continuously into bowl so does not fill) or fill valve adjustment or replacement most handymen can handle that on normal type toilets. Only downside - if the shutoff valve or contiguous piping is shot so it breaks when the shutoff valve is turned off, then a plumber is the better person to have there at that time - but will cost more up front, especially if handyman is doing the other jobs already on that trip.

Lighting fixture - technically an Electrician should be doing that, but if just swapping out a simple 2-wire (plus ground) light fixture, most handymen can do a safe job. Definitely electrician if a new fixture where there is not one now.

Answered 5 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy