Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 10/3/2013

I am looking for a landscaper that can eradicate or contain bamboo.

My neighbor has bamboo growing in his yard. His bamboo is sending runners and has spread
into my yard. Some runners have gone under my asphalt driveway.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Angie's List Member Answer

Angie’s List Members can login here to view this answer.

Not an Angie's List Member?

Join to view this answer. Members also get reviews on local service providers, plus save up to 50% on popular home projects from top-rated professionals!


Here is a prior thread with a number of comments on bamboo (four letter words deleted) -

There are also a couple of other links to the issue under this response.

Your best bet is one of two things -

1) trench 1-2 feet deep along the property line to cut all the roots, then inject/soak them with Roundup - the kill-all kind. Works best if you wrap the exposed end in a small rag or paper towels tapes on and saturated with Roundup.

2) expose roots where you can find them, drill a hole in the root not quite all the way through, and fill the hole with Roundup. Another way, with smaller roots, is dig a hole around the root to expose 6 inches or so of it, scrape off the "bark" coating on it, wrap tightly with a rag or gauze (the self-stick type works nicely), then saturate the gauze with Roundup, and rebury the root.

3) call in a napalm strike

No matter what you do this is going to be on on-going problem till your neighbor kills the central plants. You can either fight it forever, or you only other action is convince him to kill it off - either by getting him to agree to a roundup attack on his side, or suing him for maintaining a nuisance that is negatively affecting your property rights.

Answered 6 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy