Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/5/2012

I have a leak by one of my large bay windows. Who do I call to have this repaired and ensure the water is not leaking down within the wall?

During a heavy rain storm I noticed I had watering leaking into the house around the seal of the large bay window over my bathtub.

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Does your window have a framed roof section above it or is it a one piece unit? Chances are the window was not installed correctly if this is a newer window. Call the installer for a warranty claim. If it has been there for years something has changed to allow the water to come in. Look on Angie's List to find a reputable local General Contractor who has knowledge about all areas of construction. That way you just have to call one person to have the cause researched and fixed, regardless of the cause. Otherwise, you could spend a small fortune calling out various specialties to figure it out.

Todd Shell
Todd's Home Services

Answered 8 years ago by Todd's Home Services

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy