Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 5/10/2012

I am looking for someone to measure the square footgage for my business complex. Should I just call a general contractor?

Remodeling was done and rooms were converted/walls moved and now I don't have a accurate scare footage of each suite What type of company should I be looki g for?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


The new square footages should be on the building plans you would've been required to submit for permits and certificate of occupancy. Was this work done legally, then?

The general contractor who did the work should be able to measure everything for you. An architect, inspector, appraiser (which you'll need to update your insurance anyway), CAD tech., etc. can all measure the rooms for you. Really anyone with basic geometry skills can do it. Length x width is the square footage of the room.

Answered 8 years ago by Todd's Home Services

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy