Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 12/3/2011

I need to move a gas stove from my house to rental and get it hooked up. What type of service would do this? Is it movers or plumbers or?

I'm not sure what type of company to contact to have my old gas stove moved and hooked up in another house. Do movers typically install gas stoves? Do I have to call a separate mover and then someone else to hook the stove up? If so, who does this?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers



If your rental is set up with a gas supply you can usually just connect the supply line and turn it on. If the rental property is not set up with gas at the stove you will have to hire a plumber to run gas to it. Most movers will not hook up the gas on a stove but if it is just connecting the supply line they might.
Hope this helps!

Answered 8 years ago by amstelplumbing


I would not let movers do the hook up. Movers can move the appliance but generally we are not specialists in hooking appliances up. Often movers will offer, but for insurance and safety reasons you want an expert which would be a plumber in this case. I know it may be more expensive, but trust me, it is worth it. If there is ever an issue and the renter gets hurt, it could come back to bite you.


Answered 7 years ago by PriorityMoving

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy