Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 3/11/2012

I need someone to move some landscaping blocks, in order to move a border back about 6 feet. What kind of company or person do I need?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer

Voted Best Answer

Most landscaping companies will cover this kind of work. Make sure the company you choose is not subbing out the work to a stone mason as this can increase your cost by 20%.

Also be sure to address any irrigation or drainage issues that may be existing or created by this project.

Answered 8 years ago by Dallas Curb Appeal


Seems like it would depend on the amount of OTHER work after the blocks are moved that will determine what sort of contractor you need. Will the site require backfill? Will the base beneath the blocks need to be removed? Will the blocks be re-placed the 6' you refer to? Will this require a new base for the blocks?

Also, you have not mentioned whether the blocks are mortared together - if that is the case, it may require equipment to shift them (as opposed to being done by hand).

A masonry person could give you definitive answers.

Answered 8 years ago by Labour of Love

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy