Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 9/30/2015

I have one panel of a vinyl sliding glass door tht has lost the seal.Where on the door can I find the manufacture?

One panel is fogged inside the glass due to a bad seal. I would like to replace the panel only and not the entire door. I can not find the manufacturer's name on the unit. Any ideas where it is visible?

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 Answer


Commonly not at all, sometimes sticker, sometimes stamped, commonly on glass and torn off by installer - almost always on a place you cannot see without dismounting the door, but occasionally stamped on the metal frame holding the glass if multi-pane - though sometimes there will be stamp there or a label on the glass that is only the manufacturer of that particular component, not the overall door.

If this is an older unit (so not under warranty) then just call a Glass and Mirrors (your Search the List catgegory) glass replacement place - they don't care what the brand is, can commonly make up a replacement glazing unit to match. Bound to cost at least $400 or so, potentially (though rarely) up to $800 or so with special solar films or glass tinting or surfacing or such. More if the rarely found specialty surface glass (textured) though that is pretty rare in exterior sliding glass doors - usually only showers and fancy sliding office/conference room doors and such.

Answered 3 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy