Ask Your Question

Angie's List Answers is the trusted spot to ask home improvement and health questions and get answers from service companies, health providers and consumers. For ratings and reviews on companies in your area, search Angie's List.

Top 30 Days Experts
Rank Leader Points*
1 kstreett 240
2 Guest_9020487 110
3 Guest_9190926 105
4 GoldenKid 100
5 ahowell 95
6 KnowledgeBase 95
7 skbloom 80
8 Guest_98024861 70
9 Guest_9311297 70
10 Guest_9400529 70

*Updates every 4 hours

Browse Projects By Category

Question DetailsAsked on 10/5/2011

I need a person who can "calibrate" a gas stove. My burners have never worked correctly. What type repairman do I need?

My stove burners have never worked correctly. They do not have a "simmer" level. Things cook too quickly. One burner does no come on at all. They have that electric (?) starter that "clicks" then ignites the burner. I believe that the repair person has to be licensed to do gas line repair. Is that right?

Thanks for your advice.

J. Knight

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 Answers


your local gas company. PG&E came out checked all our pilots, and if I am not mistaken, lit our stove for us when we moved in after checking to make sure gas wasn't leaking from it. And they checked the gas from the connection of the clothes dryer after we installed in and connected it.

Answered 7 years ago by justkim


While your local gas compnay will commonly come out for free to check for leaks and safe installation, for adjustment of burners you need an Appliance Repairman - Search the List for local ones and their ratigns and reviews.

Answered 7 years ago by LCD

Related Questions

Terms Of Use
Privacy Policy